Our Vision - Tō Mātou Matawhānui
Better health and wellbeing for the Southern community.
Our Values - Tō Mātou Uara
- Manaakitanga – Kind
- Pono – Open
- Whaiwhakaaro – Positive
- Whanaungatanga - Community
We are WellSouth Primary Health Network
We are WellSouth Primary Health Network. WellSouth is the local primary health organisation for Otago and Southland.
What does a Primary Health Organisation do?
- Organise primary health care services in Otago and Southland.
- Support primary health care providers in the south
- Reduce health disparity and improve access to health care.
- Ensure quick and easy access to primary health care, when you need it.
- Maintain and improve the wellness of all people in Otago and Southland.
- Promote healthy lifestyles.
- Support access to screening and prevention services.
- Work with other health providers to improve integrated care.
- Measure and understand health data, so we can make better funding decisions.
WellSouth offers some clinical services to help General Practice provide better care for you. These services include; clinical pharmacists, counselling, dietitians, falls prevention and long-term condition nurses.
WellSouth is a not-for-profit organisation. We are required to make our Annual Report available for all members of the public. This is our annual report for 2019
Our Annual reports for 2016-2018 are available below
WellSouth holds its Annual General Meeting (AGM) in November of each year. The public can attend the AGM